This is a full time position working at the Otherlab facility in San Francisco. You will work with our mechanical engineering team to help design and test our early product platforms. This position is perfect for someone looking to have a significant impact on this emerging technology as we design, develop, and produce the next generation of wearable robots. Some of the specific responsibilities include:
- Rapid prototyping and evaluation of new device concepts
- Detailed engineering design and analysis of mechanical structure and actuation
- CAD modeling of new designs in Solidworks
We are seeking highly motivated and adaptable individuals who will explore the peaks and valleys of all problems that may come up, while building a new generation of robots for everyday life.
We'd love to hear from you, please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent field
- Demonstrated experience designing, modeling, and prototyping mechanical equipment
- Demonstrated experience working in a machine shop with the ability safely operate common machine tools including lathes, and mills
- Able to deliver quality work in a fast-paced startup environment
- US Citizen or permanent resident and ability to relocate to work at the Roam San Francisco office (This is non-negotiable, please do not apply without clearly stating citizenship status)
- At least 1 year experience designing mechanical components in an industry setting
- MS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent field
- Experience developing and manufacturing mechanical components for robotic systems
- Strong preference given to candidates available immediately
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.